Linux on PITX-SP
Linux on PITX-SP board
Using PITX-SP with Linux as a network attached storage
PITX-SP is a small Intel Atom board by Kontron.
I use it as a NAS system based on Openmediavault. Kontron currently only provides a Linux system based on kernel 2.6.38 . It took a
while to get a fully functional board with a current kernel, because Kontron applied some changes to it:
- support for Intel USB Client Controller
- support for Intel EMDG backlight
- support for the Kontron CPLD, which is mounted onboard
- some changes to enable ACPI (suspend mode etc.)
- support for GPIOs (via CPLD)
These changes are not part of any official kernel. So I had to apply and adapt all changes (beside the USB client controller as I don't need it)
to it. Additionally I added the non-fuse exfat
driver and the latest
driver. You can download the patchfile for kernel 3.16 and the
debian package for kernel 3.18.5 here.